Sunday, August 26, 2007

New Pathways for Sock Knitters And The Letter Stitch Markers To Match

There is a new, phenomenal sock knitting book on the market now. It's by the same groovy chick that wrote Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles, Cat Bordhi. Now, if you thought that Socks Soar was a great book, just wait until you crack open this one. I'm not going to write a review here. So many wonderful reviews have already been written. But let me just say... Wow! Who is this woman and how does she come up with this stuff?


Moving on, a helpful tool Cat suggests in this book is a set of letter stitch markers. She will often tell you to knit up to a certain point near one of these letters so that no matter what size sock you're doing, you know exactly where she wants you to be in your sock.

Funny. I make stitch markers! I think I can handle this nifty little aid. And now, they're available to everyone else who may need a set (or 3) as well. I have a dozen different letter styles and matching number sets in the JL Yarnworks store right now. Here are a couple of samples.



Of course, I never work alone.


Baby Yarnworks can now climb onto the table. She's much more helpful up there. You absolutely cannot flip over boxes of beads from the floor. No ma'am. What help could she possibly be from down there? *sigh*


No comments: